I got a lot of compliments on my costume and also some questions on how to do it. It's a very easy costume to put together.
1. Look at Anna for inspiration
You will need:
- A black shirt
- A blue/green undershirt short sleeve and long sleeve
- Pink wrap/jacket
- Blue skirt
- Shorts underneath
- Gold ribbon
- Red/pink, blue, green, yellow fabric paint
- 2 hair ties (for braids)
- Needle and thread
1. Decide on shirts to wear. I used a black cotton tank that I almost never run in. You can definitely find something at a running store or target for a good price.
2. Take hold ribbon and sew on shoulders and the bottom. The back and under the arms is optional. I was worried it would chafe my arms.
This will also guide the size of your painting.
3. Test your paint on our shirt to make sure it looks right and will dry. You may want to test it and leave it over night.
Why the note on fabric paint? Well when My mom created the top we used whatever paint we had and when I hand washed it, it all came off :( I will have to reprint it when I am Anna for the Christmas run in December. However the skirt was done with fabric paint and survived the hand washing very well.
4. Practice the design with a paper and pencil. it is fairly easy but it will give you more confidence.
5. Draw the large
6. Add green dots
7. Add blue and yellow accents
8.compare to the picture.
9. Let dry 24-48 hours
1. You can create a skirt: all you need is sparkly blue fabric and elastic. You wil need to measure your waist and drape it (find pinterest post). It is definitely cheaper but takes more time.
Many people just buy a sparkle skirt and paint that. That is much easier if you have a sparkle skirt already.
2. Look at Anna for inspiration
She has flowers on her skirt
3. Practice with pencil and paper
4. Draw a flower: green stem, red bud
5. Decide how many can fit and draw the rest of thence
6. Let it dry 24-48 hours
1. Divide hair
3. Check in the mirror to make sure your part is straight! I had to redo one of my braids because my part was fine but it was very crooked and flipped where.
I also braided my hair the night before and sleep in them to save time in the morning.
The key for a successful costume is to pack for all weather. It was very humid when we ran and I saw many other Anna's in Long sleeves and looking hot and humid. I had packed a pink wrap, long sleeve green shirt and short blue shirt and decided to wear just the blue shirt.
See it was easy!
Have you ever run as Anna? What costumes have you run in?
Snow White Costume
Half Marathon Celebration
Glass Slipper Challenge Thoughts/Wrap-up