Here is my plan:
- I will get up before the sun comes up and drive down to Carlsbad (should take an hour and half but I'll give myself 2 hours). The 1 mile starts at 9:15 so my plan is to try and park at the hotel by 8:30 and check in and take a jog over to pick up my bib and get ready to run.
- I'm hoping to get a short warm up in and then try and race this. It's only a mile so I will just try and hold on!
- Afterwards I will get myself cleaned up and grab some breakfast and go and relax on the beach, grab lunch and maybe go wine tasting until I can check in at the hotel. I've never been to Carlsbad so I will get to explore.
- I'm hoping to grab a quick dinner around 530 and head back to prep for my race and relax. I'm hoping for a 9pm bedtime for a 6am wake up.
- Sunday the races start at 7 and I will need to head over from my hotel by 6:30 so I can get checked in to the all day 20k tent, use the Porto and get in the corral.
- The races are these approximate times:
- 7am-men's masters
- 7:56-women's masters
- 8:43-30 to 39
- 9:30- 29 and under/walkers
- My result will be counted for my actual age group so the last one! I'm hoping for a progression run where every 5k will get faster. I will be using the first 2 as a warmup, the 3rd as a bit more speed and shooting for a PR in the 4th. I should know the course by then so I should know how to navigate.
- Sub 28:08-I would like a new PR and it's considered the worlds fastest 5k
- Sub 30-hopefully it'll be good weather
- Finish-not sure how the walk back to the start with be
Once I head out, I'm going to Disneyland to try the food and wine festival at California adventure! It'll be crowded for sure but it should be fun!
I'm looking forward to this race and looking forward to a relaxing weekend. I still have a bit of homework to do but Should be able to relax and sleep.
Anyone else racing this weekend?