I have wanted to run as Princess Leia for awhile and knew the Star Wars Half would be the perfect race. Devin decided to go as Han Solo so we would match. What a perfect ending to 67.9 miles run together in 10 days!
This costume was super easy to put together and I even got to make my headband. I had ordered one that never came so I had to make one last minute. However it was super easy.
- white shirt
- White long sleeve shirt if it's cold
- White bottoms (I used my white tutu from my Bacchus costume at wine and dine)
- Headband (you can order this or make it)
- Silver belt
supplies needed: foam, glue, brown string, safety pin, headband
- Cut the foam into 2 circles (I traced a cup) and cut 2 small foam squares
- I cut 20 pieces of string that was 4 feet long.
- I split them in half and then split them in thirds.
- I then braided them (make sure to tie one end in a knot).
- I then put glue in the center of the foam and started to glue the braid down. Let them dry for 12-24 hours.
- Glue the extra foam to back of the foam circles and fit the headband in there.
- Glue and safety pin the foam circles to headband and let dry for 12-24 hours.
Your hair is ready!