Having grown up in Texas and now living in California, I have not always had a traditional winter. However, I did go to undergrad in Pennsylvania and I definitely got in some winter activities there: I do sometimes miss the snow and fun stuff. I will make 2 lists: favorite things to do in places where it is really winter and also favorite things to do in California :)
1. Build a snowman- yup, just like Olaf!
2. Make a snow angel-even though it is always cold and wet, I still love to do this
3. Drink warm drinks while watching snowfall outside
4. Christmas in NYC-this is the longest I have ever gone without going to NYC since I started college 10 years ago (18 months and counting!!). I am hoping to get back there soon but with work and school, it may not happen for awhile, but there is something magical about Christmas in NYC
5. Dress in layers-scarves, hat, jackets and gloves!
It has not been cold yet, so I am waiting for the other shoe to drop so to speak, which should be happening after this huge rainstorm today. I can't wait for highs in 60s and lows in the 30s and 40s!
1. Outdoor runs-it may be a bit chilly when I start my typical weekday runs but it is great for the long runs on the weekend that don't have to start at 5am like they do in the Winter
2. Bundling up- Cali style- I have a much higher tolerance than most here for the "cold" so I love being able to wear sweaters and boots without having to wear a coat
3. Early Sunshine-The sun usually comes up between 6-7 and I love that when I get up, it is light outside. So much easier to get going
4. Warm Drinks-Even though there is not a big need for warm drinks, I still love getting coffees and lattes and enjoying them
5. Disneyland-I mean, it is so gorgeous at Christmas and Jan-Feb is low season!
What are your favorite winter activities?