Living in California, I do not have to deal with real winter weather. My favorite time to run is winter because it is usually in the 40s (sometimes even the 30s!) when I go for an early morning run. However it has been raining more lately (we need the rain!) so sometimes my workouts have to be inside. Anyways, I usually only get outside to run 3 days a week so a majority of my workouts are inside.
Here are how I usually do:
1. stretching and rolling-I try and do this every day for 5-10 min in the morning and 5-10 min at night and the more the week of a race.
2. Core work-I have slowly gotten back into this! For about 5 min a day, I will do just core work (crunches, planks, Russian twists, etc). The more I stick with this, the stronger my core feels and the less issues I have with my hip flexors
3. Yoga-I try and do a runner’s yoga or flexibility yoga 1 time a week. I have the DVD or follow along on a streaming episode. Easy and it feels so good!
4. PiYo-I have raved about this set of workout DVDs and I can’t get enough of them!! Short in time but great in workout intensity! I am hoping to keep this out to keep helping with my speed
5. Biggest Loser weight workout DVD-I used to do this 2 times a week but with Piyo I have cut it down to once every other week. It is another short workout but packs a large punch. It requires handweights but that’s really all.
What are some of your favorite indoor workouts?