Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a great celebration last night and a good start to your New Years Day. I just got back from going to watch the Rose Parade, which was even better in person than on television and the Disney float was AMAZING!
Now that 2016 is upon us, it is time for me to review my goals from 2015 and start to brainstorm my 2016 goals (which I will post next week).
1. Become more gluten free B+
I have definitely gotten better but in the past month things have gone downhill. I hate the bloating feeling but overall I am much more gluten free now than I was a year ago and o definitely can see the positive changes.
2. Limit social drinking to 1-2 times/month B+
Well it started well but with tailgating and other events, it has been more like once a week or more with the holiday season. One thing I have cut back on is going out drinking. We usually go out after class and have a beer to decompress but most weekends I am hanging with friends with a drink but not at a bar.
3. Examine food scripts B+
I have been working on this but not blogging about. Basically I have tried to cut food scripts like always have a burger and fries together. I definitely have learned and it has helped with
4. Get my blog out there B-
I have definitely ventured out to join more meet ups which keep my blogging consistent. I am hoping to apply to some ambassadorships and increase my presence on social media.
5. Consistently Cross- train 3x a week, core and stretch every day A-
I am definitely much better at this but do slack a bit. I feel much stronger than last year and want to continue this into 2016 to get stronger and stay injury free.
1. Finish all of my races healthy/work on Chi Running techniques A
I finished the year strong with no injuries. I have learned a lot to prevent concerns and am seeing the results now. I am actually going to a ChiRunning workshop in the spring and can't wait to learn directly from Danny Dreyer.
2. Increase my interval to a strong 3 minutes running/30 sec walking B-
After getting a coach, I have cut my interval to either 60/30 or 90/30 and have seen great results. I think 60/30 is going to get me to a sub 5 marathon as I feel so refreshed as I train at that interval.
3. Time goals: sub 5:00 marathon, sub 2:10 half, sub :58 10k, sub 28 min 5k, run a 5k straight C
Sub 5:00 marathon-no yet but I've gotten closer at NYCM with 5:12:41
Sub 2:10 half-I got a new PR at the Sunset Strip half and definitely think I could have gone sub 2:10 if it had been flat. I haven't raced a half since and will be my goal in 2016
sub :58 10k-not yet but this is definitely my goal for the next year
sub 28 5k- so close at the Angels 5k and is my goal for the next year
run a 5k straight-DID IT at Santa Anita 5k but I am faster with intervals so I will stick with that!
4. Run more local races A+
I rocked this!! Here is the list of all of my local races.
- 2015 Santa Anita Derby 5k (old PR-:29:43)
- 2015 Angels Foundation 5k (new PR- :28:08)
- 2015 Sunset Strip Half Marathon (new PR- 2:13:14)
- 2015 Rosemead 4th of July 5k
- 2015 Pasadena 80s Run
- 2015 Long Beach Marathon (old PR- 5:18:53)
- 2015 New York City Marathon (new PR- 5:12:41)
- 2015 Blacklight Run 5k
- 2015 LA Turkey Trot (5k +10k)
- 2015 Santa Monica Christmas Run 10k
I love the aspect of the pre race being easy to get to and sleeping in my own bed the night before.
5. Travel for a race that is not Disney related A+
The 2015 New York City Marathon rocked!
6. 15 races in 2015 A+
I doubled that goal and finished the year with 30! Amazing!
I am still determining my goals for 2016 and will be solidifying them over the weekend.
How about you? How did your 2015 goals go?