HI ALL! I hope you are having a good start to your week. I had a really crappy weekend that put me in a bad mood but I am trying to turn that frown upside down!
LAST WEEK: I did a mini-experiment where I was going to eat gluten free and eat a lot of fat to see what happens. Well just like Mark's Daily Apple says, I lost about 3 pounds in a week and definitely felt much better. I am going to write more about it later this week but I definitely plan on keeping up this high fat diet for sure!
THIS WEEK: DRINK WATER! It is hotter than Hades here so I need to drink lots of water to prep for my runs this week. I also am going to get through some leftovers from last week so hopefully I won't have to cook much this week!
LAST WEEK: Sleep was much better this week but I had coffee around 630 (half reg, half decaf) and I was up too late after class. I think my plan for after class is to get home, watch Nashville and prep for bed on commercial breaks and get into bed at 11.
THIS WEEK: Try after class plan again and also get to bed early. I still feel sleep deprived so I am shooting for 8 hours a night.
MON: Piyo Lower Body
TUES: 3 miles at 31:16 trying a 1:30 sec/15 sec interval
WEDS: Piyo Upper Body
THURS: 3 miles at 35:03 (seriously one of the worst runs of my life. my body just shut down in the middle)
FRI: Rest day but lots of dancing when we went out
SAT: erst day but still hit my 5 miles working the USC/ASU game
SUN: Rest Day-legs were just dead
TOTAL MILEAGE: 6 miles (ouch!)
So many bad things (which added to my bad mood!). My run on Thurs was so so so bad and then my run on Sunday didnt happen because my legs were just so tight and sore. My weekend was way too busy (and i can't do that again) and I feel like the stress of it was taen out on my body. I also hit my shins pretty hard and I think my left shin is very bruised. hopefully i can run on it tomorrow!
TUES: 5k-try 1:30 and 15 sec again
THURS: 5k- 2:40/30 sec
FRI: potential Disneyland day!
SAT: 4 mile shake out run
SUN: 15 mile run (10 miles with the bf) on Sunday evening before Walking Dead!
I am hopefully with my bruised shin I can fit this all in with all of the classwork I have to do. I am excited to start my Taper for Rock n Roll next week (and it perfectly fits with the middle of the semester and my busy school work).
- Teaching for class last week went well :)
- I finally tried coffee bean and tea leaf's pumpkin latte and it was great!
- going out downtown on Friday was awesome! I have not been out in Downtown since April so it was fun to dance and let loose. However, I realized that when I dance, I only want to hear music I run to now! so crazy
- college football was CRAZY including the horrible ending to the ASU game and the awful A&M defense. ugh
- Penn Presentation went well. and the dinner after was great. I love getting to meet and hang out with fellow Quakers :)
- Now for real this time-furniture order for my office!
- I want to take it easy this weekend which will be nice and relaxing itself. I need a few quiet days as Saturday will be an emotionally troubled day (I am going to a Memorial for my coworker that passed away in August). I am hoping all of the running will give me peace and time to process
- TEXAS IN 10 DAYS!! I need to pack this weekend and also start my prep for the next few crazy weekends (Dallas, LA Rock n Roll, Houston/College Station, Wine and Dine, Avengers). like what was I thinking?!!?!?