This will be a quick check-in as I haven't done any this whole year-crazy!
I have been sleeping great. I am still not completely adjusted after Marathon weekend so I am going to bed early and sleeping as long as I want. My cold/sore throat I caught is coming back so I am trying to nurse that as well as I can.
I did an awesome job prepping before Winter Break and freezing food so I would not have to eat out every meal between Marathon weekend and Light Side. I spent more at trader joes than I expected but I ate pretty well. I got up this morning and went grocery shopping and got some good food and was able to food prep for the week! :)
- full recaps are coming I promise! I am going to do them slightly differently but all of the information and pictures will be there.
- I did not run the 20th anniversary half as it was cancelled.
- I ran a freezing cold marathon and had a great time.
- I did not run again as the weather here has been crazy (lots of rain during the week) and couple that with the first week of classes and I just did not have time
- I ran the Star Wars Light Side 10k and half marathon and had a fabulous time.
- I am going to get back on the fitness train tomorrow-goal is to run 3 miles, do a new 10 minute running workout, and pick up some weights as well. I am going to really focus on my workouts and weight training to see if I can get my running times back where I would like them
well things are pretty dang awesome around here!
- Rough draft of my dissertation has been turned into my chair and I get my feedback this week
- USC won the Rose Bowl in epic fashion and I was there to see it in person
- The marathon was incredible with all of the photostops
- I loved my Rey costume for the half marathon
- I saw Amelie on closing night and hearing Phillipa Soo sing in person literally was one of the best things ever
- My christmas tree is still up as I have barely been home. I was supposed to take it down today but as I stare at it, I still have not done it.
- I am about to go on a traveling binge again
- in 2 weeks I will be in Chicago for a wedding of my best friend from college and get to reunite with my other besties
- in 3 weeks, I will go to Dallas to surprise my siblings for their third birthday, fly down to Houston to see my dad and go to the Super Bowl fan experience and then fly to New Orleans for Devin's 30th bday/cancer free celebration and run RnRNOLA on Super Bowl Sunday
- in 42 days, I will be back in WDW for the Princess Half marathon
so now to get back on the blogging train since dissertation is almost completed!
how has your month been so far?