What you need:
- Pink top/sports bra
- Green shorts
- Hulu skirt
- Garland for Headband, wrist bands and ankles
- A stitch
Where I got my things:
- Pink top/sports bra-I got my bra on clearance at Target. Any running store should have this
- Green shorts-really any color but green works with the theme. Should be at any sports store
- Hulu skirt-got mine at Party City for less than 5 bucks. I would highly recommend a short skirt as it will be easier to run in.
- Garland-I couldn't find any at Michaels so my grandma sent me some she found. She got 6 feet for about 7.99
- Headband for head garland-3 pack for 4.99 at Walgreens
- A stitch-I opted for a Stitch armband as it was cheap at Hot Topic as well as will be easy to wear.
The only thing that needs to be fixed is the head and, arm and ankles. I used green bread ties from the grocery store to hold it together.
First the head! I decided to do a headband covered in leaves as it would be easier to run in but feel free to just wrap the garland around your head.
I laid out the leaves how I wanted and wrapped them with green ties and glue. I actually did the leaves one by one so they could all dry correctly.
For the wrists, I took the garland and measured my right wrist (as I am left handed) then cut the same length for my left wrist and tied with green ties (my garland had loops in it to make it easy).
I did the same thing for my ankle. I measures, cut and tied those.
And that's it! Whole costume for under 20 dollars!
What costume did you wear for the Disneyland 10k (or your last race)?