WINE AND DINE HALF RECAP
As I love to drink wine, one of my nicknames has become Bacchus (whom is the god of celebrating which actually reflects more of me when I used to party hard in my early 20s).
So when we decided to run the wine and dine I knew there was no doubt I would have to run as Bacchus to fit in with the theme.
This costume actually came together very easily and I was very happy with it as well! It held up even in the rain!
What you need:
- White shirt
- White sports bra
- White tutu
- Red cape
- Wine glass
- Maybe gold spray paint
- Garland headband with grapes
- A donkey named Jacchus (or a friend that dresses as one!)
Where I got my supplies:
- White shirt and sports bra were bought at Target during their Buy One, get one 50% off
- White tutu was made just like this with elastic, white tulle (regular and sparkly) and time
- Red cape was found at michaels on clearance for 2.99 (red fabric would work just fine)
- Garland was bought at michaels (same garland as my lilo costume)
- Mini grapes were bought at michaels for 2.99
- Wine glass was found at Joann's and spray painted gold
1. For wine glass, spray paint it gold and let it dry for a few days (or buy a gold one!)
2. The skirt should be made just like my last tutorial.
Steps in a nutshell:
- measure strips and cut
- Measure elastic to your waist
- Loop through elastic until it's full (you will need about double what you think or it will look thin)
- Alternate white with sparkly white
- Tie or sew elastic when all done
4. Tie with string (I used green ties from the produce department)
5. Space out grapes and tie to the headband
6. Double check the grapes won't be slapping you in the face.
7. Determine how tie your cape (mine will be a loop so it can't fall)
8. Drink wine to celebrate your costume! Well done!
Another costume, made for about 20-25 dollars! Right on!
What did you dress up as for wine and Dine?