Missed the recaps for the 2015 Princess Half marathon weekend? Here they are: Princess Frozen 5k, Glass Slipper Challenge (10k +Half).
The new live action Cinderella came together because I figured not many people would have it or know who I was and that seemed like fun!
My mom loves making butterflies so she made my top for me. I sent her a blue shirt and she added the ribbon and sewed the butterflies on as well.
The skirt was pretty easy and she made me a blue sheer one. It's great because I can definitely reuse it.
I would suggest if you do this costume to do a lighter blue than I used. Not many prints had been made at the time and we were going off of grainy internet photos. I had a light turquoise shirt so we went for it.
- light blue shirt
- butterflies (my mom made mine out of fabric and pipecleaners)
- A way to attach butterflies to it (I used ribbon). After that, they were sewn to the shirt (you could also pin them if you want to reuse the shirt again)
- A light blue bottom. Mine was a skirt made with elastic and sheer blue fabric
- Glass slippers! I just used my rundisney Cinderella shoes
- blue sweatyband
- bottoms-i wanted to wear shorts but it was still cold (about 45 when we started) so I opted for capris
- I packed a long sleeve shirt but ended up just using a throwaway coat
Have you ever run as Cinderella?