Here is a short overview of my trip with full blown reports coming later!
- The race was the toughest I've ever run but also such an incredible experience. I finally feel ready to write my recap as I wanted to really process everything.
- I really left it out there on the course and there is not much more I could have physically done to go sub-5
- Even though I did not reach my goal, I got a PR of 6 minutes (5:12:41) and also got my name in the NY Times!
- Having some of my best friends on the course to cheer me on was an experience I'll never forget
- Going to the One World Osbervatory and the 9/11 Museum
- I was at Universal for exactly 24 hours and had a blast. Rode everything multiple times and ate and drank more than ever and even spent time in the pool! A great and relaxing part of my vacation
- Since I have taken 5 trips to Universal of the past year, I think I am going to dedicate an entire week to all of those postings. Universal Orlando is truly a magical place
- Cabana Bay is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in
- I took an Uber to Pop Century and headed straight to Food and Wine
- Food and wine was better than ever this year with booths in Future World
- The parks were okay crowd wise but our resort was packed!
- A very fun Christmas race with insane humidity
- I ran in one of my favorite costumes to date
- Seeing all of the characters in their Christmas attire was so fun!
- The first 5k I've ever seen with medical catchers and wet towels at the end
- WINE AND DINE HALF (of a half)
- Weather delay for safety and because of permits, the race was cut in half
- I stopped for every photo opportunity they offered
- The after party was PACKED with the shortened course
How has everyone been? Anyone else run the Inaugural rundisney half of a half?