This was my favorite race weekend until Tink came back with a vengeance and am so excited for it to come around again!
I had such a great time last year (here are those recaps: Expo, 10k + Half) but felt by doing Dopey, that overshadowed a lot and I'm excited to focus just on Star Wars weekend.
I signed up for both the 5k and rebel challenge. #runalltheraces the main reason for this is two-fold: 1. I've never done a Disneyland 5k before and I need to get on it! 2. I need to get in 20-26 miles for a taper for the LA Marathon so I figure this is the best way!
And let's get real. The movie comes out a month before the race, they will incorporate so many great things-maybe new character meet and greets? I gotta see!
Costumes are already being discussed. I'm planning on going hardcore for the 5k-not sure how yet.
10k will be our Ewok tribe again (look for a post this week on my Ewok costume!). Half is also still undecided! Maybe Vader? maybe a new Star Wars character?
FOR THOSE SIGNING UP DURING REGULAR REGISTRATION:
- They are offering pin bundles-10k, half and challenge
- They are offering merchandise bundles-hat, tumbler and magnet
- There is a new login system through active. Make sure your active.com account is up to date and has a credit card saved. It will go much faster. Be logged in before you try and register.
- You can only sign yourself up and every person over 18 will need their own active account
- If you have Active Advantage, you can save 10 dollars on processing fees
Anyone else running any of the races at Star Wars?