Two weeks ago, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Greg at Why I Run Disney! Thank you so much for the nomination:it's a real honor to be nominated! I've been writing and planning this post for awhile but with my surgery,I just didn't get around to it until now.
What is a Liebster award? Well it's an award for bloggers to honor other bloggers. Here are the basics:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees
- You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees
All sounds easy enough so let's gets started!
Questions from Greg:
1. What is your favorite Disney theme park in the world? Why?
That I have been to-I'm going to go with my gut and say Magic Kingdom. I LOVE Epcot for the food and drinking and Illuminations but there is nothing quite as special as Cinderella Castle, Tinkerbell flying, Main st Electrical Parade and Wishes.
My second would actually be DCA specifically Carsland at Christmas!
2. Are there any Disney theme parks that you would like to visit that you haven’t visited yet? If so, which one(s)?
All of them! But top of the list is TokyoSea hands down. On our Disney blog, Devin and Brian just got back from Tokyo and he's blogging recaps. Look at his pictures because it is just beyond anything ever.
3. Since all of you have run in races before, which race was your favorite?
My favorite race to run has been the Disneyland 10k. Such a great course and so much of it is spent on property. It made the 6.2 fly by!
Non Disney would be the Old Agoura 10k where I PRed because it was gorgeous and the after party was the best!!
4. If you could choose a theme for a runDisney race, what theme would you choose and why?
This is a tough one. I think the Avengers half will be amazing and Tinkerbell is my favorite character and she already has a weekend. I would pick Duffy. I think Duffy is hilarious and I love that he has a Mickey on his butt and is named after a duffel bag!! It would definitely fit with the Epcot theme.
5. What advice would you offer someone who is a beginning runner?
I'm actually starting a whole series on this next week so make sure to check back in! However the most widespread tip I can give is NO COTTON GEAR. Don't wear cotton shirts, shorts, bras, underwear or socks or hats. You will be hot and have crazy blisters. Wear dri fit everything. You will think your lucky stars for dri fit socks!!
6. What races are on your bucket list?
I have a whole page dedicated to this with a more comprehensive list but my top bucket list race is the Boston Marathon. To BQ would be my ultimate dream (even though I need to get about 2 hours faster on my marathon time!). However with more practice and training I think within the next 10 years I can get there.
Others are wine and dine and WDW marathon which I am registered for. I really want to the Country Music Marathon In Nashville and the NYC half and marathon.
7. If you run with music, what are your favorite songs to run with? If you don’t run with music, what is your favorite mantra?
I actually just made a new 5k/10k playlist a few weeks agothat I tested out and LOVE! Post coming soon :) On it are the following songs:
Bangarang by Skrillex
Kyoto by Skrillex
Trophies (maybe-NSFW) by Drake
Hey Brother/You Make Me/I Could be the One by Avicii
Turn Down for What by Lil Jon
Animals by Martin Garrix
Breakn' a Sweat (remix) by Zedd
Stay the Night by Zedd
Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites by Skrillex
The Devil's Den by Skrillex
Let It Go by Idina Menzel
Levels by Avicii
Ms. New Booty (NSFW) by Bubba Sparxx
I Put That on Everything (NSFW) by David Banner
A Milli (NSFW) by Lil Wayne
Time to Dance by Panic! At the Disco
Badd (NSFW) by Ying Yang
8. What are your favorite Disney theme park indulgences? This could be favorite food items, favorite shows, favorite attractions, favorite places to go while on a Disney theme park vacation, etc. In other words, what are your favorite things to do at any of the Disney theme parks?
Let's do this by coast and park because it's only fair that way!
Disneyland: snow on Main Street, fireworks
California Adventure: Carsland, world of color, Mad T party, cones, dill pickle popcorn, Christmas eggnog drinks
Magic Kingdom: staring at the Castle, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, TTA, chicken waffle sandwich, cosmic rays French fries with cheese sauce and Sonny Eclipse, Be Our Guest restaurant and my newest craving-corn on the cob! Also liberty tree tavern (thanksgiving dinner-OMG)
Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Impressions de France (France movie!!), France bakery, grey goose slushie, margaritas in Mexico, cronut, stuffing thanksgiving waffle, spaceship earth and Illuminations
MGM (sorry not Hollywood Studios for me): tower of terror, rock n roll, Osborne lights
Animal Kingdom: Everest, iced tea, flame tree BBQ
9. When training for a race (a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Full Marathon, or Ultra), where is your favorite place to run?
I have a typical 5k route around my house that I run 2 times per week so I like it a lot. It's around Cal Tech and so quiet and easy to get started: out the door and I'm off!
My favorite place to do long runs is the Rosé Bowl because there are 2 water fountains and a restroom. The loop is a 5k so it's great that I can hit up my car easily for snacks and drinks without having to carry much.
10. If you could personalize the post race food given to you after a race like a half marathon or full marathon, what would your order?
INDIAN FOOD! After my first half, I had Indian food and it was so good! Actually now that I think about it, after I did my first 13 mile training run, I had Indian food. I also had it after the LA marathon. The rice and veggies and chicken tikka masala makes me SO happy. I know its weird but whatever.
Here is who I nominate for the Liebster Award:
- Emelia from Half Crazy mama
- Kathryn from Dancing to Running
- Karla from Run Karla Run
- Mallory from Bad Wolf Brunch
- Meghann from Meals and Miles
- Monica from Run Eat Repeat
- Pam and Christine from We Run Disney
- Patty from My No-Guilt Life
- Samantha from Dancing to the Finish Line
- Sarah from PickyRunner
Here are your questions if you choose to accept:
- What is your earliest running memory?
- What was the first official race you ran?
- What is your favorite runDisney race and why?
- What is your next race?
- What race is at the top of your Bucket List?
- What is the best advice you have received from an experienced runner?
- What do you fuel with during races?
- What's the hardest race you have ever done and why?
- What is the worst injury you have had and how did you heal yourself
- What's your favorite season to train in?
thanks for reading post! It really is an honor to be nominated!
Also, if you are reading and want to comment, pick a question or two above!