Here are past tips: here, here and here.
How do you try to stop and prevent injuries?
1. Be aware of irritation of weak links.
The Key Weak Links are body parts where my runners tend to experience injuries are these: Knees - Feet -Calf - Achilles -Hip - Glute/piriformis/sciatica. But the body parts that YOU need to be aware of are the sites where you are injured or suffer more aches and pains.So if you're sensitive to the first indication of irritation in these areas and take immediate action it's possible to avoid injury.
**for me this is huge. After reading Running Strong, I figured out that I have weak core and glutes which is causing problem with piriformis and sciatica. As I have worked on my core just for 5-10 minutes a day, and a strong focus on making sure I get up at least once an hour at work, I have seen such a difference in my pain.
2. Stress buildup due to the way we train.
- Training schedule is too intense-not enough rest between stress.
- Adverse Training Components-speed is too fast or has too much, too soon.
- Running form-too long a stride, forward lean, bouncing too high off the ground.
Top 5 ways to avoid stress buildup-and avoid injuries
1. Take walk breaks more frequently, and run shorter run segments
2. Form: shorter stride, feet low to the ground
3. Slower long runs, with more walk breaks
4. Avoid Stretching
5. Be careful when running speed sessions
Anyone else have any injury prevention tips?