All you need to do was register (I did both the Jeff Galloway 13.1 and the Barb's 5k) and then submit proof of running that distance. You can submit a garmin screen shot or results from an official race. I submitted both the results from the LA Rock n Roll Half Marathon and the LA Turkey Trot 5k as they were the easiest to submit.
It took about a week for them to be confirmed and about 3 weeks for my packages to arrive. I was very impressed with the tech shirt (a tech shirt for a 5k is awesome!) and the medals.
The best part is as a virtual runner, you are considered a Legacy and you will be considered for 5 year awards when it comes up.
Here is the link to register: hurry as you have until March 1st to submit your results, which is right around the corner!
You can also sign up to run the 2015 races as well.
Anyone else do the Jeff Galloway 13.1 virtual races? Have you participated in other virtual races?
and here are the next set in Galloway tips:
- The training journey for a marathon or half marathon raises your body's physical performance capability and your sense of what you can do in life.
- Running helps to bring body, mind and spirit together in a unique and wonderful way
- In researching my book MENTAL TRAINING I discovered that running turns on brain circuits for a better attitude more vitality and empowerment better than other activities studied.
- In researching my book RUNNING UNTIL YOU'RE 100 I found numerous studies showing that runners have healthier orthopedic units than non runners even after decades of running.
- When a runner takes walk breaks early and often enough for the individual the muscles are strong to the end. See RUN WALK RUN at www.jeffgalloway.com for recommendations by pace per mile.
- The "exhaustion wall" can be avoided by running longer long runs up to or beyond race distance-using the appropriate run-walk-run strategy.
- Marathoners tend to improve time by an average of more than 15 minutes when they increase their longest run from 20 miles to 26 miles.
- To recover fast, run the long runs at least 2 min/mi slower than you could currently run in a marathon
- The right run-walk-run strategy from the beginning of each run, gives any runner control over fatigue, injury-elimination, and recovery.
- In numerous surveys, runners improved over 13 minutes when they shifted from running continuously to use of the right run-walk-run strategy.
I actually finished reading his Mental Training book yesterday and plan on talking about some tips from it next week so keep a look out for that!
As a Galloway blogger, I am given tips straight from Jeff Galloway himself. I was not compensated for this post: I paid for my virtual race entries myself.