Meals on the Run is a fabulous book with amazing recipes and pictures on meals that can fuel your runs.
The things I love about this book over other cookbooks I have seen is:
1. It is super organized with everything divided by meals and put in order from breakfast through dessert
2. Has an easy explanation of what should be used pre-run and recovery
3. It has dietary restrictions for vegan, vegetarian, low calorie, and gluten free.
As someone gluten free, it is great for me!
Not to review all of the recipes, as there are tons, I decided to give a list of the ones I am excited to try out now that I am no longer on vacation! See below:
- "Baked" granola apples
- Chai pumpkin oatmeal
- Bacon-apple-cheddar oatmeal--THIS! I can't wait to make it!
- Oatmeal with Apple sautéed in butter and cheddar
- Good morning sweet potato- walnuts and maple syrup in a sweet potato
- Smoothies that are peanut butter based
- Warm gingerbread pudding- using Teff (staple among Ethopian runners) and gingerbread seasonings and coconut milk. I have never hearf of Teff but always looking to try other grains
- Sweet potato-pumpkin salad
- Homemade Dressing
- Basil-mint sugar snaps
- Lemon caper sauce-I actually already made this. So delicious
- Sweet n spicy chicken stir fry
- Orange chipotle chicken thighs
I would highly recommend this book for anyone and especially for someone that is a runner looking to shake up their cooking routine while still using food to fuel their body.
Anyone else read this book? Any thoughts?