I used to never want to check a bag as I did not want to deal with the lines. However as I have run more races, I have learned to put in a bag and what not to put!
Here is my list for what I just used at the Great Race:
- Magicband (room key and credit card!)-for WDW races
- ID-never know if you will be able to get a drink!
- Credit card and Money-sometimes you need it!
- Wipes-BEST IDEA! I pack face wipes and also baby wipes and towel off after racing. It really does make a difference until you can get to a shower
- Chaffing gel- you gotta put it on before and after
- Lip balm-may need
- Roller-I did this for Princess half marathon, and it helped recovery. I bring my hand roller
- Change of shoes- it's always good to get out of your sweaty socks and shoes
- Deodorant/perfume- may need depending on how long the race is
- I also pack these things in my bag the night before so I don't have to search for anything in the morning
Pack but take out/use:
- Hat- you can decide to wear it or not
- Sunglasses-same here
- iPod- need your music!
- Phone case-need to make sure it doesn't get ruined
- Food- breakfast-usually banana, PB and bread
- Drink-i always make tea in the morning. need the caffeine
- Coat-it may be cold! you will want to cover up.
What do you pack for your races?