So one of the best ways to celebrate is with a ham! Why? Here is a more detailed article but it sounds like it's a more North American dinner based off the fact that the meat eaten at the Last Supper would have most likely been lamb. However ham has been used more than lamb in north america.
No matter the reason, I love ham!
Here is a new recipe I am trying out today. Wish me luck!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4-8 hours
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of honey/ maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 1 T of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 t ground thyme
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2- 1 cup of pineapple (will work better if crushed)
- Carrots and onions
- Chop carrots and onions
- Unpack ham and put in crock pot. Toss away the flavor packet.
- Place veggies in bottom of crock pot
- Put ham on top
- In a bowl, combine all other ingredients and put over ham and veggies
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours, low for 8 hours