The best tip is how to make creamy Macaroni n cheese and I got this tip from Heavenly Homemakers. You cook the pasta in milk! it saves a ton of time (and not to mention you dont have to mix it on the side and waste water) and it also makes for the creamiest macaroni and cheese.
TIP: since you are cooking in milk, you have to stir almost constantly or it will not end well (read: a HOT MESS). I actually ended up with less milk than I wanted so I added some water and it tasted just fine:
My recipes are very different than most as I don't measure much, I just go by look and feel and taste (I get this from my mom who cooks the same way). I also use oil and seasonings a lot so feel free to adjus
Prep, Cooking and Serving Time: 15 minutes (depends on your stove)
- pasta (I used gluten free pasta)
- cheese (I grated about a regular bowl full of cheese so half a bag. I used raw cheese and spicy cheese)
- milk (I use whole milk but use whatever you have)
- salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder
- green onions (since i grow them and they need to be used!). I have also used stir fry veggies before and it was great
1. Grab a regular pan on the stove and put the milk and pasta and salt. Put in enough milk to cover the pasta (it will thicken I promise) and put it on medium to high heat.
2. While the pasta is cooking, shred your cheese (if you are going that route)
3. Stir continuously. You will notice it getting thick. The pasta is all done when it tastes how you want it (I like mine slightly al dente)
4. Take pasta off the stove and stir in cheese. You will see how thick and creamy it gets.
5. Stir in adds spices and veggies. Add to taste.
6. Ready to serve!
VERDICT on the Gluten Free pasta-DELICIOUS! My boyfriend had no idea it was gluten free until after he finished eating and I told him. and even better for me-NO GI problems for me! yayayay!
VERDICT ON RAW CHEESE: not really my thing. I could smell it which bothered me. I plan on using it up soon in something else but I don't plan on buying it again. However the hormone free spicy cheese was amazing. It added a bit of a kick to the recipe. Maybe one day I will go the raw cheese route but for now it's not for me. I will stick with my hormone free cheese from Sprouts (I get small bricks of cheese for 1.20)