PREP TIME:5-10 minutes
COOK TIME: 4-8 hours in the crockpot plus 5-10 minutes
- 1 lb of pork (or chicken, or beef, or nothing)
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 pack of cilantro
- bell pepper
- pico de gallo (if you want, i got this on clearance for 50 cents so decided why not?)
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Chop veggies by hand or in a food processor and set aside with some cilantro
- In a food processor, mix together a bit of onion, all tomatoes, cilantro, oregano and parsley. The mixture will resemble salsa which is great!
- In crock pot, put in chopped veggies, meat, seasonings, salsa and cilantro
- Mix together and let cook 4 hours high or 8 hours low
- Bake potatoes**
- serve! I had mine with a side of broccoli
**For the potatoes, you can bake them in the oven, the microwave or a crockpot. Whatever way works. Cook them about 30-60 minutes before the crockpot of food is done.
As always feel free to modify, you can skip the whole step of creating salsa and use it from a jar or whatever you have. Whenever possible, try and use fresh and all natural ingredients!