Gotta love trying to find gluten substitutes for regular food!
So I bought a lunchable awhile ago and the whole thing reminds me of my childhood. However it was so sweet to me from all of the added sugar.
So I decided to see what I could make to come up with an easy recipe that wouldn't be full of crap as well as not hurt my stomach but still be delicious. Well I DEFINITELY found it here. This recipe is awesome and I can't wait to make it again! (And again! And again!)
PREP TIME: 15-30 minutes
COOK TIME: 15-30 minutes
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/8-1/4 c of cheese
- 1 egg (I actually substituted this with 1/2 T chia seeds and 1 T of water)
- 1 T of coconut flour (or almond or wheat)
- 1 T of parmesan
- 1 T oregano
- 1 t of garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- tomato sauce (I had some I made in my freezer but use whatever you would like!)
- Pre heat oven to 450 F
- Chop zucchini in food processor.
- Take out zucchini and using a cloth or paper towel, drain out all excess liquid (a lot will come off. I had almost a cup of water!)
- Combine all ingredients to make the crust (either in the food processor or by hand)
- Press into pan
- Pat dry with paper towels (so much water!)
- Bake for 10-15 for crust to be cooked on 450 F
- Take out and turn oven down to 350 F
- add sauce and cheese and other toppings you want (i did pizza cheese, gouda cheese and basil)
- Put back in oven for 5-15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust looks cooked
- All ready to eat!
Honestly, I did not cook my crust long enough the first time, I was afraid it would burn, but it worked out fine. The toppings I used were too heavy to be able to pick up the crust so I just ate it with a fork.
The flavors were delicious and I barely noticed it wasn't made with wheat!
As always, feel free to swap out things to make it dairy-free, nut-free, etc. Make sure to make the recipe your own!