The Rapunzel outfit I wore for the Half came together pretty easy but since I glued the ribbons on, it took longer than I would have liked. Make sure to set aside at least a week to allow all of the ribbons to dry.
- Purple shirt
- Purple bottoms (I used a sparkle Athletic)
- Purple ProCompression (I wore mine with yellow, pink and purple to bring it together)
- Purple hat (I used a sparkle Athletic)
- Blonde hair (either natural or weave)
For the shirt design you will need:
- White thin lace for the collars
- Thin pink ribbon for the corset
- Medium pink ribbon for shoulders
To complete the shirt design:
- The lace goes around the collar and the bottom of the shirt all of the way around
- The medium pink ribbon goes on the shoulders. I did 8 ribbons on the shoulder (4 on each side of the shirt)
- I used tulle for underneath the corset that but is not necessary
- The corset was just the thin pink ribbon zig zagged down-this part took awhile as I had to make sure the ribbon was glued on before continuing with the ribbon. I did measure it before and just cut it if it was too long
- The bow was just tied ribbon glued on the top
- TIP: Make sure to put newspaper inside the shirt so the glue won't get stuck (this happened more than once to me!)
- For the hair I got yellow yarn and cut strips that were the same length as my armspan
- I cut 27 pieces and then grouped them into 3 groups of 9
- I tied the top of it and just braided it all the way down
- I put in clip on flowers (they were 99 cents at the craft store)
Overall, it was easy to put together and I loved how it turned out!
Has anyone else ever run as Rapunzel?