Erika from MCM Mama Runs, Marcia from Marcia's Healthy Slice and Patty from No-Guilt Life.This week's topic is Running resolutions.
Let's first look at 2016 and then see what my goals are for 2017. Well 2016 definitely took a turn so let's look!
2016 LIFE GOALS
1. FINAL Draft of dissertation By December- A+
I not only did a rough draft, I did a second rough draft and now am just waiting for feedback!
2. Watch one classic movie a month F
With the passing of Debbie Reynolds, this just reminds me how much I need to do this. I think this will move over to 2017.
3. Develop a home routine C
I had a routine, failed at the routine, and am getting back into it. Sometimes doing a bit every day works and sometimes it is just easier to spend an hour on the weekend doing a full apartment clean. I will need to sort this out.
4. Read one book a month A
I did this. Most of them were related to work but I enjoyed them so I will count it!
2016 RUNNING/EXERCISE GOALS
1. Race times: sub 5 for full, sub 2:05 For half, sub 58 for 10k, sub 27 for 5k C
Hit my sub 5 goal at LAM. None of these others happened. As I havent written about, this was not the season for PRs but I still have some running goals for 2017
2. Lose 5-10% of my body fat and keep it off F
Yeah this DID NOT happen. ugh it is frustrating but needing to get back on birth control and then getting an IUD really threw my hormones out of whack. No matter what I did, I was bloated and gaining weight. I am starting to even out and hope it will continue
3. Rock Slave Leia outfit A
Did this! I will be rocking it again in April!
4. Weight train 3x a week C
This is part of the reason I was able to rock the outfit. When I injured my knee, this fell by the wayside. Definitely will need to get back on this.
2016 BLOG GOALS
1. Join at least one blog share. B
I joined a few new meetups and have definitely met new people.
2. Gain at least one ambassadorship F
This sadly has not happened. I have been applying to some but I need to put myself out there more!
3. Interact with social media D
I realized I do not like Twitter so I gave up on that. I have been commenting on instagram more than in the past but I need to continue to do it. I have been working hard to reply to all comments on my blog!
Overall I sucked at my goals this year and that is okay. I definitely learned that school took over my life and effected everything from stress to energy to sleep to workouts. I am hoping I am on the downside of that and getting back to normal!
1. Graduate with my Doctorate and start teaching my own class.
2. Classic movie (pre-1985 but would aim for pre-1970) once a month. Carried over from last year
3. BUDGET. New job comes a raise but also more bills. I am going to track everything I spend and come up with a realistic budget
1. NEW PR in Half (sub 2:10-less than 10 min mile), 10k (sub :57-less than 9:05 mile), 5k (sub :28-sub 9 min mile)
2. Nightly rountine of at least 5 minutes of rolling and stretching.
3. Weight train 3x a week
4. Step up workouts in general-stronger, faster and harder.