WINE AND DINE
- What a crazy race with weather but wow did rundisney really take care of us and step it up. The volunteers were out of control amazing!
- For all my fear I had about running in the dark, it was so not a big deal: everything was well lit (minus the puddles!)
- Going through 3 parks at night was epic
- Animal Kingdom is freaking gorgeous at night and I can't wait until the new Nighttime show eventually starts
- Osborne lights are even better when running through them
- The After Party was great!
- Getting a locker at epcot early in the day was clutch so we could put our stinky clothes somewhere
- A completely new change of clothes was also key (compression leggings, drifit shirt, flip flops). Without these, I never would have made it to 4am and been warm.
- Running in a poncho may not be fun but freezing is not either
- Sleeping in Saturday morning, taking a long afternoon nap and sleeping in the next morning were key for recovery
- Holy winds! But even with those, it seems like it is a pretty fast course
- Shortest park time but they packed the characters in. It was nice not to wander backstage as long.
- It may be best to sprint to the characters as the lines were crazy long!
- The Cosplayers were epic!
- Stretching and rolling is the key to feeling loose
- Sleep! I need to back in the hotel by 7630/7 and in bed by 8 to feel organized and rested
- In a windstorm, don't put your sunglasses on your shirt-they will fly off (I'm still upset about this!)
BACK TO BACK RACE WEEKENDS
- I would definitely do it again (well I am: Dopey + Rebel!) but it does take a lot of planning, especially with flying across the country to come back and run again. It helped that I had everything packed and ready for Avengers (clothes, costumes, etc) and only had to thrown in toiletries and disney stuff. I will be doing that again for Rebel
- I think all of the theme park walking helps a lot-it keeps you loose in between the races.
- Pack for all weather-you bet I will always have lots of rain gear from now on and I am thinking of buying a running rain jacket too, just incase!
- The carb loading never stops-which is a good thing but can be very tiring as well
- Sleep is crucial-we got a lot of sleep at Wine and Dine and I am hoping to do the same at Dopey so I can transition back into work and school before heading to Rebel.
I honestly can't wait to do these races again!
Wine and dine is a big maybe based on rundisney Europe rumors and my fall marathon plans. I feel like it's my WDW default race going forward. However I decided next time, I will definitely do the 5k as well. It's CHRISTMAS THEMED! that'll definitely alter my plans with sleeping but I think it will just require a longer afternoon nap!
Avengers-it looks like they added an extra day so it looks like a 10k is coming. I will only do it if it is a challenge!
I will continue to work on strengthening my core and hip flexors to help out with healing my sciatica and will continue to stay on top of my stretching and rolling every day.
What have been your thoughts on wine and dine and avengers?