So let's get to it. I RUNFESS...
- I'm a bit nervous about Dumbo next week. My summer has been less than stellar with my workouts and I know the race I had envisioned after a summer of speed work will not be happening. But the weather looks like it'll cooperate so it should be fun.
- My speed work went much better than I was expecting yesterday. I was dreading doing speed work, actually more nervous, but the 4x400 went well and I can't wait to get in some more speed work. However I woke up with sore quads which hasn't happened in a very long time!
- I'm worried about my goal race. I'm racing a flat 10 miler in October and I was really hoping for a good time but we will see. The time I had in mind probably will not happen but I'll see how it goes.
- I'm beginning to regret not signing up for Dopey. I know I'm in a break from my dissertation and may feel differently but just doing Goofy is making me a bit sad. We will see though, if travel agents start discounting bibs and there's a good opportunity-I may pounce on it!
- I'm excited to race again. I haven't run a race since Tinkerbell Half on Mothers Day. I didn't sign up for the races in the summer because I didn't know what my class schedule would allow, which turned out to be a blessing with my knee issues. I do miss the racing atmosphere and can't wait to do it again next week.