Here are my plans for this weekend:
I am all packed. As soon as I turned in my final paper on Monday, I got right to packing so I wouldn't forget anything.
- Costumes and race outfits
- Rain gear (it may rain on Friday!)
- Race food-hot cereal, peanut butter, bananas, vega one fuel products, etc x2
- Princess medals
- All my rollers
- electronics and all chargers
I have to get up at 4am to do dining reservations for wine and dine (oh when Disney trips collide!) and may need to be up at 6am to get in the NB shoe queue so depending on how I feel, I may head down super early to Anaheim and just grab some breakfast and coffee in DTD and get a bit of reading done. If I leave before 7, traffic shouldn't be too bad.
The expo opens at 10 but I think I will go get in line at 9 just incase it opens early. I need to get merchandise, my bib, hopefully my shoes and get KT taped and buy new tape (I want the sparkly green tape!)
I also want to stop by the ProCompression booth, the Fit2Run booth for some extra fuel, and Sparkle Athletic to get my shoe poms I bought!
- The rain on Friday leaves a lot up in the air but I plan on at least trying to go see the Tomorrowland preview on Friday and maybe a few other rides. I am not too concerned about getting on rides as I will be back for the 24 hour party and will get to ride all of the new stuff on the 22nd.
- I will most likely eat lunch at Tangeroa Terrace at the DL hotel (depends on what time I am done with the Expo) or Rancho del Zocalo at DL. Dinner will most likely be stir fry from Lucky Fortune Cookery in DCA before an early bedtime for me. My goal is to be in the hotel by 7 and in bed by 8 for my 4am wake up call.
- Up at 4, out of the hotel by 445 and at the start line by 5! My costume is Iridessa so expect a post soon about how I got my costume together.
- Afterwards, I plan on heading straight to the hotel to shower and get ready then grab a quick breakfast before going to Disneyland at 9am. Why you may ask? THE HATBOX GHOST IS MAKING HIS DEBUT! I
- will most likely stay at the parks until noon or so (after grabbing lunch at the Smokejumpers which I have been wanting to go in and see) then head back to the hotel for a nap/relaxing time before my Facebook meetup at 330 and dinner at Carthay Circle at 5.
- Hotel by 7, bed by 8 for a 3:45 am wake up.
- Up by 345 and out of the hotel by 430.
- After the race, I plan on grabbing breakfast at the DL hotel before heading back to my hotel to shower and check out. I then plan on going to the park for a bit so I take pics with all my medals! After that, I will probably grab lunch (haven't decided where yet!) and then head back home.
Overall, I want to have a lot of fun and meet a lot of people! This is the first race I am doing by myself and also don't have any concrete plans. So if you see me around, say hi!
For the races, my goal is to just have fun. My Disney PRs are always in my mind but I'm not going to sacrifice great fun and pics for a time. I am hoping starting in Corral A will be worth it for the pics!
I'm excited for the new 10k course and have been reviewing it every day. During the out of the park time, my goal is to average 10:30-11:00 min mile pace for the 10k to save energy for the half the next day. During the half, after we leave property, my goal is to average 10:00-10:30 pace which definitely seems doable.
Want to follow me along in the fun? I will be on Social Media all weekend :)
Facebook , Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
How about for you? Anyone else running this weekend? Any fun Mother's Day plans?