April from Run the Great Wide Somewhere, Erika from MCM Mama Runs, and Patty from No-Guilt Life. This week's topic is Fall Race Schedule.
My Fall will start off quiet but will ramp up quickly and crazily and I really won't calm down until Spring. I am excited for all that is to come!
- The kick off will be the Dumbo Challenge (10k on Saturday and Half on Sunday) at the start of September.
- My next race is not until November 1st (unless I can find a flat and fast 10k course sometime in between) so I will be spending most of that time marathon training because 11/1/2015 will be the NYC MARATHON. I am still in a bit of shock that I was able to get in through the lottery and do not plan on wasting this opportunity. As the time gets closer, I will say more about it but as of now my time goal is 4:45 so I can finally get that sub-5 I am so ready for.
- There will be no rest as I will be flying down to Orlando that Tuesday after the marathon for a bit of Harry Potter time (my final time with my current AP-tear!) and lots of eating and drinking at the Food and Wine Festival. The F&W festival will cap off with me running the Wine and Dine 5k on Saturday morning and then the Wine and Dine Half marathon in the evening. The Wine and Dine Half Marathon was my favorite race last year!
- I will fly back to LA on Tuesday, go to class and then head down to Anaheim on Friday afternoon so I can run the Captain America 10k on Saturday and the Avengers Half on Sunday. The Inaugural Avengers Half was plagued with high winds so hopefully it will be better this year
- The next weekend I will be running the LA Black Run 5k which will basically just be a fun run but I am still looking forward to it!
- There will be a week break before I will do the LA Turkey Trot 5k and 10k back to back. Last year at the LA Turkey Trot I set a new 10k PR and am looking forward to doing it again.
- And yes, a week after Thanksgiving, I will be gunning for a new 10k PR on the flat and fast course at the Santa Monica-Venice Christmas 10k. This course is so great and I am hoping it will be cooler than it was last year.
So for the Fall I have on deck and basically all in the month of November:
- 3 5ks
- 3 10ks
- 2 half marathons
- 1 full marathon
What does your Fall look like?