Hi all! I am writing this waiting for the saddest part of any Disney trip: the Magical Express bus! It's humid yet still cold. Oh Florida, your weather has been crazy this week!
As I have mentioned before, I have a goal of running 15 races in 2015 however with Dopey just completed and Rebel in a few days, that goal is not going to be hard to complete. I haven't decided yet but I may shoot for 30 in 2015! Eek! But that will be much farther off.
Below is broken up my race schedule by month. The underline means registered and the italics means planned but not registered yet because it is not open yet.
- 2015 Dopey Challenge (5K+10K+HALF+FULL)-COMPLETE!
- 2015 Star Wars Rebel Challenge (10k + Half)
- 2015 Princess Frozen 5k
- 2015 Glass Slipper Challenge (10k +Half)
- 2015 LA Marathon
- 2015 Great Race-10K
- 2015 Santa Anita Derby 5k
- 2015 Angels Foundation 5k
- 2015 Sunset Strip Half Marathon
- May-gotta keep up the Perfect Pixie
- 2015 Pixie Challenge (10k+ Half)
- June-OFF-WDW trip and school plus a nice recovery month
- July-a few local races I have randomly found
- 2015 July 4th 5k
- 2015 South Pasadena 1 mile Run
- August-maybe something local like the 80s run but I'm not sure yet!
- 2015 Dumbo Double Dare (10k+ Half)
- 2015 Dodger Foundation 5k
- October-still debating on a fall marathon!
- 2015 Fall Marathon
- November-I have a few friends that want to do it. Once I lock them down, I will be in!
- 2015 Wine and Dine 5k??
- 2015 Wine and Dine Half??
- 2015 Avengers Half
- 2015 LA Turkey Trot
- 2015 Santa Monica-Venice Christmas Run
Overall, I am excited for my race schedule. I have been wanting to do more local races and there are many on the schedule!
I am excited to push the boundaries and do new things. Overall, my legs are tired but I'm not too sore. I am going to run 2 miles today when I get home and 2-3 on Thursday and try to get ready for Rebel.
I am a bit nervous for March and April as I will get back from princess end of February (best Taper ever for a marathon!) and then have a 2 week recovery until the LA Marathon. I then will have a week off before doing the Great Race 10k (which was a great recovery run last year). Then I am racing the next 3 weekends in a row-2 5ks and the a new half marathon (Sunset Half) that will probably be very hilly. I am going to use the 5ks as speed work (1 I plan on racing and 1 I plan on running straight through).
What do you have planned for 2015?