Another Tuesday, another Tuesday on the Run hosted by our favorites:
April from Run the Great Wide Somewhere, Erika from MCM Mama Runs, and Patty from No-Guilt Life. This week's topic is 2015 Resolutions.
I am currently enjoying my time at Universal Studios Orlando before heading to WDW later this morning-so exciting for Marathon weekend to finally be here!
I wrote a post last week wrapping up my 2014 resolutions and feel I did pretty well. Now to go over my 2015 Resolutions in Detail!
1. Become more gluten free- I have gone gluten free and love it but i want to get better at it. I hate being a bother about it and in turn that leads to many stomach aches and feeling like crap. I really want to step it up and really become gluten free.
2. Limit social drinking to 1-2 times/month- This has not really been a problem but I would like to limit my drinking to mostly wine (mainly because many spirits are made with wheat and contain gluten) but also make sure I am being social and going out with my friends.
3. Examine food scripts-I want to start blogging about this and how it is important to look at what I consider a food script (something such as having a burger and fries or something like that) and I want to make sure I am making the healthiest choices I can make.
4. Get my blog out there-apply for some ambassadorships- I want to get my blog out there and meet more people and also pick up my readership. I am going to be applying to ambassadorships (Girls Gone Sporty and Sweat Pink first) with a goal of working up my readership to be able to apply for FitFluential.
5. Consistently Cross-train 3x a week, core and stretch every day- I have been off and on with this for awhile but I want to get better at it. When I stretch every day, I just feel better! I need to be consistent especially with cross training with PIyo and weights. I want to make my mini-core routine a routine as I know it will help greatly with my running
1. finish all of my races healthy/work on Chi Running techniques
I have gone back and re-read both my Chi Running books and I want to get more into it and post about it. Expect these to start popping up soon on here!
2. increase my interval to a strong 3 minutes running/30 sec walking
Before Dopey training took over, I was starting to work on a 2:45 running/:30 sec walking but it was tough. I want to really work on getting to a strong interval of 3 min running/30 sec walking
3. time goals: sub 5:00 marathon, sub 2:10 half, sub :58 10k, sub 28 min 5k, run a 5k straight
Sub 5:00 marathon-shooting for the LA Marathon-I am ready for redemption!
Sub 2:10 half-I am shooting for the Sunset Strip Half I just signed up for in April! It was my boyfriend's idea and I could not turn down a new chance to race where it is 60 bucks and local. I think the course will be hilly so this time goal may not happen but I want to try for it.
sub :58 10k-so close at the Christmas run! I am not running a 10k for awhile so this may have to wait until Nov or Dec but I will get it!
sub 28 5k- I think I can definitely achieve this especially with my increase in speedwork I have planned.
run a 5k straight-I know my time will be faster if I take walk breaks but I want to challenge myself and do this. I have 2 5ks back to back (Santa Anita and then Angels). I am thinking Santa Anita may be my chance to try this but have other 5ks I am looking at throughout the year
4. run more local races
I am well on my way to this goal already signed up for 2 local 5ks, and a half. I have a few more local races planned as well.
5. travel for a race that is not Disney related
I know-crazy right? But I want to start traveling 1-2 times a year for a race and a vacation. Right now, I am on the Fall marathon train. I originally wrote here about how my plan was to do the MCM lottery, then Chicago and hold off on NYC and now I don't know! I am going to wait to see when the NYC reveal date will be and then make a final decision. I would love to be able to go to Wine and Dine again next year but that is also still up in the air. Decisions, decisions!
6. 15 races in 2015
I have already written about that here but I have a very packed race plan for 2015 and will definitely meet this goal! Maybe a new goal should be 30 in 2015? only time will tell! More on this next week! :)
What are your goals for 2015?