Hi all! Were back for another Tuesdays on the Run! Another Tuesday, another Tuesday on the Run hosted by our favorites:
April from Run the Great Wide Somewhere, Erika from MCM Mama Runs, and Patty from No-Guilt Life.
This week’s topic is Fall runs. As it is September, Halloween has started at WDW and will start this week at Disneyland, it is almost fall!
Here in LA, we have had an unusual warm and humid summer. I am hoping that means we will have a nice fall (usually it is the opposite) but only time will tell.
I have quite a few races on my Fall calendar. I will consider races from September to December as Fall as winter officially starts end of December.
- 9/21- Dodger 5k
- 10/26-LA Rock n Roll Half
- 11/08-Wine and Dine Half
- 11/16-Avengers Half
- 11/27-turkey tory (5k +10k)—still need to register. Hoping for a discount code.
- 12/07-Santa Monica 10k Christmas Run
As I wrote in an old post about training, I am hoping to be able to build up my mileage for Dopey while sticking with other races. This will be a very trying time for me to fit in travel, work, school, college football, Disney trips, and running but I am up to the challenge. I think the runs will help keep me organized, but that also means I will need to have many early nights on weekends. Maybe I can reserve the nights before long runs as days to do school work/reading?? I can definitely give it a shot in the next few weeks.
So the plan is pretty simple-stick with my 2 5ks a week and add in longer runs on weekends. I was worried about how I would feel after Dumbo, but I am doing great. I took most of the week off running but was still active in Denver so I am hoping the altitude will help.
Here is a written breakdown of my runs:
- 9/13- 10 miles. I want to get back into it
- 9/21- Dodger 5k-I would love to try and really race this but it will depend on weather and humidity. My 2 options right now I am debating is gunning for as close to 30:00 as I can get or running a straight 5k in a race. We will have to just wait and see but I want to run this hard.
- 9/28- 10-13 miles
- 10/4- 6 miles
- 10/11- 15 miles. I want to try and run this at night to simulate wine and dine but we will have to work out logistics.
- 10/18- 6-8 miles
- 10/26-LA rock n Roll. This race is crucial for me. I am going to train hard to do well at this one. I ran a sub 2:20 in training in July and I know I am capable of better in a race (especially with proper rest days as that was after a 3.1 and 6.2). My goal for this race is 2:14. Why 2:14? Well for Disney races, under 2:15 is a separate corral and I want to move up another corral. Right now, with my current 10k PR of 1:02:46, I am slotted to finish halves in 2:18. I really think I can do this as the course is very familiar to me.
- 11/1- 6-8 miles
- 11/8-wine and dine half. I am a bit nervous about running at night but I think I can do it. I want to take great pics and be able to conserve my energy so I can last the whole after party (I think coffee and food will pay a big role in that).
- 11/16-avengers half. I am a bit nervous about back to back races (with a WDW trip and a crazy work schedule in the middle) and it is also Ralph’s first half. I think it will be important to take this one slow (probably shorten my interval) and make sure not to injure myself
- 11/23- 6-8 miles
- 11/29-this will be my first Dopey simulation. I will do 3 miles, 5 miles, 10 miles, 23 miles (the 10 miles will be the 5k+10k at the turkey trot). I am hoping to take the 10 miles easy to save energy for the 23 miler the next day
- 12/06-Santa Monica 10k. This is a great flat course so I am hoping to try and PR here but it will depend on how the races go the week before
- 12/14- 6-8 miles
- 12/21-final dopey! Great way to officially end Fall. 3 + 6+ 12 +26. I need to plan this out as logistics will be a hot mess. I am thinking of doing the 3 miles and 6 miles around my house, 12 miles at the rose bowl and 26 miles at the beach. The beach is great as there is water and bathrooms but I need to figure out how to have powerade.
What are your runs for the Fall? What is your plan?