Follow along on Social Media with my Adventure: Facebook , Twitter, Instagram, Periscope (Juliana@4 Well Rules)
Another Tuesday, another Tuesday on the Run hosted by our favorites:
Erika from MCM Mama Runs, Marcia from Marcia's Healthy Slice and Patty from No-Guilt Life.This week's topic is Packing for a Racecation.
As someone that is the middle of an epic 3 race racecation spanning 2 states, packing is the key. Here are some of my helpful hints:
- Start your packing list early- This is so crucial. Start writing things out including clothes, race gear and more. Make sure you have enough toileteries for how long you will be gone. I usually start a list about 2-3 weeks out and add and take off from there. I usually use an app for packing lists for running trips. I also do laundry about a week in advance so everything can be packed. I pack my running gear in separate bags to ensure I have everything I need.
- Organize your race gear- carry everything you need to run on the plane. To NYC, I packed my race outfit including shoes, a spare pair of running gear, all of my food and fuel, and my running electronics including chargers. Nothing happening to my luggage but just incase something did, I was ready. I gave my costumes to my friends flying into Orlando later so it wouldn't take up more room but I still have my race gear with me on the plane.
- Check the weather and pack for everything- As someone that has traveled to WDW 3 times this year for races, this is so crucial. For both Dopey and Princess, the temps dropped basically the day I flew out and I experienced 2 days with a high in the low 40s!! In florida! So cold. Make sure you pack shorts, long sleeves, short sleeves, capris, etc for running so you aren't scrambling to find the correct clothes. and pack race rain gear! You dont want a wine and dine situation like last year!
- Pack your Compression gear-You need compression gear for before and after races but also for traveling. I always wear compression capris or tights on planes along with compression socks almost all of the time. It will definitely help you recover and show up to your race
- Leave room for purchases- I failed on this a bit already! You will want to buy things and you will also get shirts and materials while racing. Make sure you have a place to put them! I usually bring a carry on bag I can add a few more things to. Luckily leaving NYC, I was able to give my boyfriend my poncho and scarf.
- Plan for when you get home- How will you get home? What will it look like? I will get home on Tuesday night and then head to Disneyland on Friday afternoon. I actually had to pack and prep everything for those races before I left. I also made a list of what needs to just move from one suitcase to another-nyc jacket, some shorts and shirts, christmas hat (I need to take my christmas pics!), and toiletries. I also froze some food so I will have stuff to eat for those 2 days I am home.
How about you? What are some of your racecation tips?