Erika from MCM Mama Runs, Marcia from Marcia's Healthy Slice and Patty from No-Guilt Life. This week's topic is Race Expos!
I enjoy going to race expos! I like the thrill of picking up my bib, shirt and also shopping a bit. Many times I go to a race Expo with a shopping list of things as you can get good deals. Here is my typical plan:
- I really but race merchandise. In the past year, I've only bought magnets and sweaty bands/sparkly soul headbands and a few race jackets
- I usually only buy running fuel at Expos as they are the cheapest price around: 1 dollar for Clif shots and 2 dollars for Clif shot blocks.
- I often buy my fuel belts at race expos as they are the same price online but you don't have to pay shipping
- I will buy ProCompression socks at expos as well as they are often 2 for 50 (Essentially BOGO as they are 50 dollars each online)
- Same goes with Sparkle Athletic products: I have done race expo pickup with great results and it's easier than shipping to my house
- I have only bought nuun at Expos to stock up. 2 for 10 plus a cute water bottle to use is a good bargain
- I enjoy sampling the fuel that will be on the course and make a race day stategy
- If the line isn't long, I enjoyed getting KT taped so I don't have to do it myself later on
- I like the advertising for other races
- I like that if I ever forget anything, I can most likely buy it at the expo
The expos I visit the most are the rundisney ones and I enjoy the atmosphere. I often wear a rundisney shirt to other race expos and I get stopped at least once to talk about it which is always fun.
Overall I do enjoy race expos and find them to be a good time. How about you? Do you like them?