Erika from MCM Mama Runs, Marcia from Marcia's Healthy Slice and Patty from No-Guilt Life.This week's topic is repeating races.
I am a creature of habit and when I find something I love, I often stick with it. I also love to try new experiences and branch out. Nothing is different with races and even though over the past 15 months I have branched out, I continue to do the same races over and over. For all of my race recaps, make sure to check out the page!
My top races are of course rundisney ones. I continue and will continue to do these as the basis of my running schedule. I know the internets are up in arms over many of the races but for now, they are serving their purpose for me: wearing costumes, taking great pics and having fun with friends. The addition of photo pass taking race pics is truly a game changer! As I get faster, I get to take all of the pics i want without it being too crowded and then running my pace in the meantime. I love it! I am always in for inaugural races and then can decide from there which ones I continue and which ones I don't.
Other races I do over and over include:
- Great Race of Agoura Hills-I've done it the past 3 years in a row and am already signed up for next year
- Santa Anita Derby 5k-local and so fun
- Santa Monica Christmas Run-I've run this race 4 times and plan to sign up again this year
Races I have done and want to eventually do again:
- Angels foundation 5k-super fun
- Knotts Berry Coaster Run-I really liked this 10k and would like to do it again when it hadn't just rained
- Carlsbad 1-miler and 20k-what a fun race day! I had such a good weekend and also good running.
- Long Beach Marathon-a pretty flat and small field course. I really enjoyed it in 91 degree heat so I can only imagine it when it is cooler
- New York City Marathon-the hardest marathon I've ever done. I want to do it again for redemption
Races I've done and don't plan on doing again
- 80s run-I paid 50 bucks to basically do a 10k I can do on any weekend
- Rock n roll LA-the course leaves a lot to be desired
- Blacklight run-the worst run I've ever done
New races that I am excited to try this year:
- Rock n Roll SD
- Surf City 10 miler-I've never done a 10 miler before!
- Disneyland Paris-first international race!
I keep a bucket list for running that I do update. To be able to do many of those runs, I will need to travel and fit them in when I can. Once I'm done with school, hopefully that will make it easier to do!
How about you? Do you often repeat races? and if so, why?