April from Run the Great Wide Somewhere, Erika from MCM Mama Runs, and Patty from No-Guilt Life.
As you probably know, I love to travel and travel often!
I love to try and stay healthy on vacation but depending on where I am, depends on the activity I do!
HOME TO TEXAS
I stick with my running schedule (and have for the past year whenever I go home) with 3 weekly runs. During the winter, it is crazy to run in cold temps but I do the best I can.
I enjoy finding new routes to run and exploring the neighborhood where my mom lives (she moved about a year ago so I've only been there 3 or so times).
Yup, I work out! I try and keep up with my running schedule but sometimes that's easier said than done. I always get in at least 30 min of cardio daily because I will be sitting most of the day-have to do something!
- 2012 Minneapolis-got in a workout everyday(elliptical and weights). I did one long 5 mile run.
- 2013 Nashville- got in awesome runs (we were right by a park) including 2 3 milers and a 6 miler.
- 2014 Fort Worth- I wanted to run outside but it was FREEZING! I got in a 8 mile run on a treadmill which was horrible and also got workouts in before sessions.
- 2014 Denver-will be the week after dumbo. I plan on taking it easy! And getting in just 2 5ks and a 4 miler. Hopefully around the city!
It depends on the season. If it's warm and I can run outside then I do! I try to take it easy because I love sight seeing and that adds extra miles.
If it's cold-no running for me. I just make up for it by walking (and walking in the snow is enough of a workout!)
- 2013 NYC-definitely got in 3 runs in Central Park(including a 10 miler) as my friend lives at Columbus Circle
- 2014 Philly-definitely did not with all the snow. We definitely made up for it by walking A TON!
nope, never! The main reason-the humidity. I hate running in humid weather and most of the time that is what Florida has!
Also,More times than not, I'm in WDW for a run and am on a taper so getting a run in is never high on the priority (the whole taking a red eye so I'm usually sleepy is definitely priority).
And in WDW, I walk A LOT. Usually 8-12 miles a day. If I can survive doing that for days on end, my cardio is always fine when I get back.
WHAT TO PACK TO ENSURE A SUCCESSFUL VACATION WORKOUT
- Work out clothes-I usually pack 2-3 outfits (suitcase space permitting). When I go home, I can always wash so I like to keep it as small as possible.
- Workout shoes-I always bring 1 pair as more than that is too much room in the suitcase.
- Roller- I literally don't leave with out it anymore. No matter where I go! It helps to roll my legs at the end of a crazy travel day, it always helps me feel loose and limber.
- Compression socks-these are so clutch on a plane! They keep your legs from swelling. I also sleep in them when I travel to help out with soreness.
- iPod, watch,fitbit, etc-whatever you use to track fitness. Don't forget it! And also don't forget the charging cords with it.
- Research-I always research where I am going and what I'm doing and this includes runs! That way I have no excuse to not workout. I already know where and when. Mapmyrun is great for this.
So that's it! For me, it depends on what time of year and where I am to determine if I work out.
How about you? Do you work out on vacation?