Erika from MCM Mama Runs, Marcia from Marcia's Healthy Slice and Patty from No-Guilt Life.This week's topic is how often I race.
Well as I eluded to yesterday, I'm not running! I fell on a escalator on the way to work on Wednesday. I think my knee buckled as it was a bit sore after my workout that morning. Add in my crap for class and trying to rush to get to work and you get a fall. I hit my knee pretty hard and it's been sore since. Today was the first day I was really able to bend it without pain. Since I thought it would be better by now, I am going to try and get a doctors appointment (Thursday at 2:30!) just to get it checked out. So I haven't run in a week :( so no speed work, no miles over the weekend. I'm trying to modify my workouts as well as I can without overdoing it. It looks like walking will be my happy medium with a bit of weights thrown in.
I do enjoy racing-I love the atmosphere and how it keeps me on track. It is so nice just to run and not have to worry about tracking a route to use, how I will fuel, etc. I have raced a lot in the spring which means I have not done many long run, which always throws me for a loop. I did a long run in February and one in May! that was it-everything else was shorter runs or a race.
So even though I do enjoy racing, I don't have any races on the calendar for the summer. Classes are keeping me busy and I didn't think it would be a good idea to complicate things. If my training can get back on track and it is not too hot, I may do a half marathon in August for time.
However, my fall will be busy with rundisney which is the way I like it. Getting in miles, having fun and getting medals without the pressure of a time goal. I however do have four goal races (1 10 miler, 2 10ks, 1 half) between OCT-FEB. Everything is building up to Goofy in January and I am hoping to coast to a half marathon PR in Feb because of it.
UPCOMING RACES (SEPTEMBER-FEBRUARY)
- 2016 Dumbo Double Dare (10k + Half)- SEPT
- 2016 Disneyland Paris 5k- SEPT
- 2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon- SEPT
- 2016 Sury City 10 Miler- OCT (GOAL RACE)
- 2016 Wine and Dine 5k- NOV
- 2016 Wine and Dine Lumiere Challenge (10k + Half Marathon)- NOV
- 2016 Avengers Infinity Gauntlet Challenge (10k + Half)-NOV
- 2016 LA Turkey Trot (5k +10k) or Burbank Turkey Trot-nov (potential goal race)
- 2016 Santa Monica Christmas Run 10k-DEC (GOAL RACE)
- 2017 Goofy Challenge-JAN
- 2017 Rebel Challenge-JAN
- 2017 Rock n Roll New Orleans Half Marathon-FEB (GOAL HALF)
- 2017 Glass Slipper Challenge- FEB
How about you? Do you race alot?