First off, thanks to 2 two gracious hostesses: Didi from DISTherapy and Krissy from Shiawase Life for putting this all together. Click on the Button on the bottom to be linked to all of the other posts!
Event transportation is very important for the race.
The one thing I want to point out is it is VERY DIFFERENT from WDW as most people will not be taking buses!
LOCATIONS OF EVENTS:
- Expo at Disneyland Hotel
- Downtown Disney
- California Adventure
- Start line
- Finish line
Technically, you can walk to all of those from each other! Crazy huh?
But let's break it down a bit. Many people will walk around from place to place but there are other transportation options.
Disneyland has 3 Disney hotels and also many Good Neighbor Hotels (see the map below). You can see it is easy to walk around without problems. Make sure to follow traffic rules.
DRIVING YOUR OWN CAR
- Parking is available at Downtown Disney in their lots (3 hours free, 5 hours with AMC movie validation after that, 6 dollars an hour (charged 2 dollars per 20 minutes) up to 30.00). This will be BUSY as it is a 3 day weekend so keep that in mind.
- At the hotels (Disney hotels are 17 or 25 for guests, 17-56 dollars for nonhotel guests , other hotels are free-10 dollars)
- Mickey and Friends Parking Lot is also an option (17 dollars). Just remember no overnight parking!
- Here is the official link to the Disneyland Resort parking options (including Disability Parking)
- You can also take the ART shuttle which is free for use for people participating in the rundisney weekend (this can be confusing to drivers so make sure they don't charge you). According to rundisney, they will give you a receipt but I know that it was too much last year and they didn't use it. Double check with your driver before boarding.
- Study the map above as there are many routes and you don't want to end up going the wrong way.
- Be warned: it will drop you off by Disneyland and you will need to walk through security and through all of Downtown Disney to get to the Expo or the races.
- I love being able to walk to the race starts:so easy!
- However if you are driving, allow ample time for traffic and congestion close to Disneyland as roads and exits will be already closed. I would suggest planning to arrive at least 1.5-2 hours early to the race start time.
- Mickey and friends will charge you the regular parking fee so unless you already have pre-paid parking, make sure you are ready to pay.
- If you are taking the shuttle, make sure to check with your hotel front desk for running times. You will need to board by a certain time to ensure you make it to your corral. REMEMBER: You will be walking through Downtown Disney so from the time you exit the shuttle, plan for at least 10-15 min of walking time.
MY PERSONAL PLAN
- FRIDAY-down to Anaheim, park at Mickey and friends and walk over to the Expo. Grab our stuff and head to the park for dinner then over to the hotel
- SATURDAY-walk everywhere from the hotel!
- SUNDAY-walk from the hotel. My boyfriend is coming down to hopefully watch me finish (he missed me at Tink because he didn't believe my time suggestions). We will head back together to Pasadena.
What are your transportation plans for the weekend?