**this post contains Amazon affiliate links
LAST WEEK: overall okay. I ate out a lot but feel I made the healthiest choices I could. I limited my gluten and was able to successfully carbload for my 9.5 mile run I had on Sunday.
At Disneyland, I finally had a salad for lunch! And it was delicious.
However my downfall this week was drinking alcohol. I drank Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I felt just okay afterwards but I know that's the main reason for my bloated feeling today.
THIS WEEK: I really want to continue to eat healthy, limit the alcohol (Vegas is coming up soon!) and keep cooking at home.
LAST WEEK: so bad (at least for me). Having to get up early to run wrecked havoc on my sleep schedule. I can survive averaging 7 hours but I need more (it also helped I had coffee every day as well).
Using my Fitbit Flex I was able to track my sleep for the week (seriously, it's the coolest feature of the whole thing!) and you can see my sleep below.
THIS WEEK: I need to get back to getting 8 hours of sleep a night. That one hour seems to make a big difference with me. My goal is to get in bed every night by 1030.
- Sunday: 4 miles at 11:15 pace (so hot!)
- Monday: rest day
- Tuesday: 5k
- Wednesday: rest day
- Thursday: 5k at 730 PM, great pace but it kept me up!
- Friday: Disneyland walking and downtown walking-11 miles total
- Saturday: rest day
- Sunday: 9.5 miles at 11:00 pace
Overall, I think I needed a rest week. My body has been so exhausted with teaching and working and everything else. I think it was good to take a rest. And my run on Sunday went well!
- Monday: rest days. I realized if I run. On Sunday then I need to rest the next day
- Tuesday: 5k at easy pace
- Wednesday: 15 min weights
- Thursday: 5k-speed work :30/:30
- Friday: weights
- Saturday: 5 miles at training pace
- Sunday: rest day-lots of stretching
I need to get back into weights and I think this is the week to do it. I'm also going to test a core program circuit I've been thinking about to see how I like it. I'll report back next week.
I did great on this front as it was the week of the birthdays!
- Monday night I wrapped up my 6 hour class I was TAing
- Wednesday night was a friends bday and I saw friends I haven't seen in forever
- Thursday I got out of work early and was able to watch Independence Day and start one of my running tutus
- Friday I spent the morning at Disneyland and no one was there and it was glorious! Next year this is our definite 4th plan. Then got to head downtown with friends to watch fireworks and celebrate another friends bday
- Saturday I chilled at home (amazing!) and went to another friends bday that was a few blocks from my house
- Sunday got in a great 9.5 mile run and went to an awesome BBQ
So I feel fulfilled on this front for sure. A busy social week but a good time!
- I have a plan to go to the Huntington library on Friday since I've never been
- Ralph and I may go to the movies since we haven't been in forever!
- I want to meet up with some friends on Saturday in LA since I haven't seen them in so long
- Finish planning our Vegas trip that's next weekend
How was your week? Was your 4th of July a success?