The costume was pretty easy to put together and you could definitely glue everything but I decided to pin it so I could reuse the shirt.
- Fabric glue/safety pins
- Square of yellow felt
- Yellow ribbon (small to medium size)
- Black ribbon (medium to large size)
- White ribbon (large size)
- Square of red foam
- Red shirt
- silver/white bottoms
- black socks
- Red shirt (I got mine from the men's Activewear section in Target)
- 3 yellow stripes of varying length with 6 yellow circles at the end-I just cut ribbon and then glued the circles on out of felt. I then just pinned them to my shirt
- White ribbon for the large straps- I measured them over my shoulders and safety pinned them and criss-crossed them in the middle. I glued where the straps overlapped and cut it. I let it dry for 24 hours
- I measured black ribbon around my waist and tied it in a bow (I left extra incase I needed to adjust it later). I cut out the yellow square for the belt buckle and glued it on
- I then glued the white ribbon to the black ribbon and let it dry for 24 hours.
- After drying, I pinned everything to the shirt. Make sure to pin it high as there is a part of the shirt that is just red at the bottom.
- If it is cold, feel free to add a red shirt underneath.
- red hat as a base (I used a sparkle athletic visor)
- Red foam to make the tall part.
- Yellow ribbon either glued or sewed on to the red. You need 2 ribbons.
- I cut out a yellow circle for the top of the hat
- I took 8 white pipe cleaner and glued it to the hat and let dry
- When it is time to wear it, you safety pin it to the hat and also safety pin the hat together
SOCKS-I wore black Procompression socks to represent the black boots the soldiers wear
That was basically it! My grandma made the hat and did a great job and I worked on the shirt. It was pretty easy to put together.