And I'm back! I'll post later about where I have been and have some good posts lined up that I'll be posting over the next few days but 2013 has been a big year of running for me! I decided to do this running in review thing that's been making the rounds. And here we go!
- Best race experience? My coast to coast medal! This has been a goal of mine for as long as I can remember and it's hard to believe it took me less than 3 years from my first half to get to that point. I thought it would be too expensive, too much and it worked out perfectly. Knowing I completed the tinkerbell half and princess half was one of the happiest moments of my life!
- Best run? Dumbo! I never thought i would do a 10k and half. I did it and loved it and can't wait to tackle Dopey in 2015
- Best new piece of running gear? Compression socks for the win! Best purchase of my life and it helps immensely with recovery time. My second would be my roller I use every day.
- Best piece of running advice you received? Less is more!! I was trying to do too much with weights and increasing mileage and speed work and I got injured-TWICE. I learned I need to slow down and take care of my bisy(10-15 min of stretching every day) and rest in between runs and I have been much better ever since.
- Most inspirational runner? The boston marathon runners who will be returning. One day I hope to run boston
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? You can do anything you put your mind to. I never though 3 years ago I would run a full but here I am training for one and so excited. I have run more races this year and I love it! I'm pumped for 2014.